Pre-Natal & Post Partum Program
KIMA’s Pre-natal & Post-partum program is very holistic as therapists assess and treat the pelvis, abdomen, and low back along with the biomechanics of the whole body to give you optimal support throughout the changes of pregnancy.
- Initial Evaluation
- Real-Time Ultrasound Assessment of abdominal muscles
- Diastasis Assessment
- Pelvic Floor and deep muscle training
- Individualized exercise plan for 3 stages of pregnancy
- Prep for labor & delivery
- Prep for post-partum & baby arrival
Post Partum Visits
- Thorough biomechanical evaluation to optimize pelvic-girdle alignment and return to prebaby status or better
- Pelvic Floor Assessment including incontinence, diastasis evaluation and strengthening for proper healing
- Real-Time Ultrasound Assessment focusing on the abdomen (Transversus muscle recruitment, post c-section management)
- Aesthetics: Safe and effective belly flattening training
- Body Mechanics Training to properly care for baby without stressing YOUR body
PATRICIA LADIS, PT is the co-founder of KIMA Center for Physiotherapy and Wellness. Patricia has over 15 years of clinical experience and has worked with professional dancers and athletes throughout her career. She has consulted on many books and done news commentary on low back pain and pelvic pain. Her specialty in biomechanical analysis, her movement background as a former professional dancer and her personal experience of three pregnancies allow her to connect and treat the complex female body with utmost care and detail.
LISA SOTTUNG, PT, CFMT, OCS received certification in Structural Integration, functional manual therapy through the Institute of Physical Art, and Orthopaedic Clinical Specialist through the APTA. Within the last 10 years, she has focused on an integrative systems-based model for treatment of the pelvic girdle and pelvic floor dysfunctions. Lisa works with an array of Pre-Natal and Post Partum conditions including incontinence, pubic symphysis pain, round ligament and diastasis recti to name a few. Lisa is a primary instructor for IMTS and teaches seminars around the country. She is also a happy and healthy mom of 2 and knows what pregnancy & post- partum stages are like firsthand.
JUSTINE WARD PT, DPT, WCS, graduated from Ithaca College with her Doctorate of Physical Therapy degree in 2013. While in graduate school, she completed a clinical affiliation at the Malcom Randall VA Medical Center in Gainesville, FL where she had the unique opportunity to practice women’s health physical therapy. This experience helped foster a passion for pelvic health, and she has since dedicated much of her clinical practice to helping women and men overcome pelvic pain, sexual pain, and pelvic floor muscle dysfunction. Justine has completed multiple post-graduate continuing education courses through the Herman & Wallace Pelvic Rehabilitation Institute and Brook’s Rehabilitation, where she has developed advanced manual therapy techniques and become an expert in treating individuals with complex women’s and men’s health diagnoses.