Committed to Healing | HEALING SUMMIT 2015 | Berlin Germany March 3, 2015
“Creating a paradigm shift through a holistic lifestyle”…was last year’s theme
This year our theme is “Committed to Healing” Today is a call to action!
As part of our Commitment to Healing we would like to highlight a few of the speakers from the recent Healing Summit 2015. This one day conference considered how to encourage people to live life in all its full richness, caring for others to nurture greater well being and empowerment for all.
Dr Kjell Nordstrom Swedish Economist and author of Funky Business –
Born in Skärholmen, a suburban district in southern Stockholm, Nordström grew up on a small island in the Finnish Åland archipelago. His parents returned to Sweden in the 1960s. He was first educated as an engineer and thereafter commenced studies at the Stockholm School of Economics where he earned a Ph.D. in 1991.
Until 2004 he was an Assistant Professor at the Institute of International Business (IIB) at the Stockholm School of Economics. His research and consulting focus is in the areas ofstrategic management, multinational corporations and globalization. He has served as an advisor/consultant to several large multinationals and to the government of the United Kingdom.
Today, Nordström and Ridderstråle works as professional public speakers in the field of strategic management. The 2005 Thinkers 50 (the bi-annual global ranking of management thinkers) ranked Nordström and Ridderstråle at number nine internationally and number one in Europe.
Daring to be Different:
Here are some highlights from what Kjell had to tell us about our time:
- There are about 200 countries on planet earth; 199 are capitalist/ market economies only one is not – North Korea. Interestingly…this has just happened in our lifetime, in the last 30 years- not a homogeneous thing. Of the 200 countries, 147 are democratic.
- The next step in the transformation of this planet is the progression from 200 countries to a planet of 600 cities and 80% to 85% of the population will live there. By 2035 to 2040 those cities will account for 90% of economic and cultural activity. Is this good or bad? It opens up new political and economic landscapes and lifestyles!
- The world has never been more successful than it is today. The world has a pin code : 1114 One billion people living in the Americas, One billion living in Europe, One billion living in Africa, and 4 Billion living in Asia. A girl born today in Europe has a life expectancy of 92 years and 2% of that population will reach 120! This has implications …..
- In 30 years the pin code will be: 1125 = 9.2 billion people – then everything will go into decline; the birth rates will go down. This is roughly the plan for human existence.
Why are we so successful? Three key reasons for success.
- Globalization- we live life as if there are no borders
- Digitization- anything that can be made can be made digitally
- Urbanization- gradually understand – the fastest in human history
Kjell’s future predictions:
Intelligence- Due to the “FLYNN effect” every generation is about 2% smarter than the generation before; what this means is that.. every morning you are just a little more stupid and you cannot keep up with the machines! This will have a major impact on our patients and their stress levels.
- Math- Non linear thinking is not possible. Because math is difficult for most people they cannot think non-linear despite the fact we are creating a non linear world. If you apply linear logic you will be exactly wrong. IT moves everything from linear to nonlinear.
- Planning- No more planning – you cannot plan – now must live with trial and error
- Education- The value of the university degree is freefalling and approaching 0 – why –there is nothing you can get at Harvard that you cannot get online. Today you need a University degree, but it is not a guaranteed that you will have a good life. The knowledge that you get at a University is called articular knowledge- the other kind of knowledge that has been around forever is implicit knowledge based on powerful phenomenon – we human being know more than we can say. This kind of knowledge is growing. Yahoo got a new president and from now on no one works from home. If you are going to work with tacit knowledge – if you need to be present.
So remember on your healing journey to developing solutions with genuine creation, using our tacit knowledge, realizing you cannot keep up with the machines and it is ok, and using trial and error to help to solve problems!