IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE CORONAVIRUS COVID-19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=iAbjSkAI9r8&feature=emb_titleKIMA is diligently monitoring reports from the CDC to ensure we have the most updated information related to protocols, initiatives and recommendations, and that we are prepared to respond quickly and effectively to keep you and our employees safe.
We have increased our frequency of cleaning and disinfecting throughout the office including wiping down the immediate areas after each client. Our employees have been instructed as per CDC guidelines to wash their hands frequently and not to come to work if sick or have been exposed to someone symptomatic.
KIMA GUIDELINES FOR BEING PRESENT FOR PT SESSION:
- We will not be seeing patients who have traveled to Italy, Iran, South Korea, China or Japan and have not completed the 14-day self-quarantine period.
- We will not be seeing patients who have a fever or flu-like symptoms.
- We will be offering on-line sessions for exercise guidance and self – management techniques. Let us know and we can schedule you for a remote session for the same billing arrangement.
SYMPTOMS FOR COVID-19 MAY APPEAR 2-14 DAYS AFTER EXPOSURE AND INCLUDE:
- Shortness of breath
GUIDELINES FOR PREVENTION AND SAFETY:
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or into your sleeve.
- Sleep at least 8 hrs per night
- Frequent exercise is an important way to strengthen and maintain a healthy immune system
- Supplement with Vit D w/ K3 and 1000mg Vitamin C, or to bowel tolerance, preventatively
- Consider greeting others verbally instead of physical contact
- Use sanitizer or “on guard” essential oil when in public areas when lavatories are not available.
- Do not to go to work if you have a fever or flu-like symptoms.
- Stay at home and wear a mask in public if you are displaying any of the known symptoms.
We encourage you to acquaint yourselves with information about COVID-19, so that you can make informed decisions about how best to protect yourselves, your loved ones, and members of our shared community. We recommend the following resources:
- Center for Disease Control: www.cdc.gov
- NYC Department of Health: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/health/health-topics/coronavirus.page
- NYS Department of Health: https://www.health.ny.gov/diseases/communicable/coronavirus/
We are dedicated to your health and safety. All current evidence indicates that those who are in good health, and with uncompromised immune systems, are at very low risk. Let’s all work together to use this time to learn more about how we can decrease stress and improve our individual and collective immunity.
In Good Health,
The KIMA Team